Monday, September 8, 2008

Roadtrip: Quick Stop at JMU!!

James Madison University was the halfway point for our drive that day and so it only made sense to stop there for some lunch. I was excited for the chance to be reminded of all of my times on campus as we walked around!
Here Graham is sitting on the stairs to ISAT where most of my classes were held for social work and where we had IV on Friday nights. I made the climb every day (sometimes more than once!) to the top of the hill and the top of the stairs. I always wished that the Social Work Department could be on the main side of campus, but I suppose I would have never gotten any exercise in college if it had been that way! Graham loved climbing all the way up the stairs!!
Lunch on the quad... this is one of the main parts of campus where all of the older, Bluestone buildings are. It was a beautiful day for a picnic :o) ...Did you know that there are tunnels running underneath? They're not used anymore and fairly well blocked off, but they can provide for a great adventure...
Good thing Graham doesn't know how to unscrew the caps yet!
Walking around...
Speaking of another adventure, there is a way to get up to the top of this building. But it's hard...and scary.

How we love Harrisonburg and JMU!!

No comments: