Kate turned 6 months on November 19 (I started this post then but realized that I never finished/posted it). SIX MONTHS!! It's so hard to believe how quickly half of a year has gone by. Six months ago we were just getting to know this baby girl and I have loved every minute that we've been given with her! At six months...
- Kate is still such a sweet girl... she is very patient and really only fusses when she needs something.
- She still has the two bottom teeth that she got a few months ago and might be working on two more (but we'll see when they decide to pop out!).
- Kate goes after just about anything she wants on the floor and has become a barrel-rolling champ... just recently she started scooting forward on her belly (no hands/knees crawling but some definite scooting). It's funny how I wanted Graham to crawl and walk so quickly but wouldn't mind Kate being stationary for a bit longer.
- She used to be fairly quiet but has turned into a big babbler... her favorites are "dadadadada, yayayayaya, and lalalalalala." The das tend to be more talking and the las and yas always sound like she's trying to sing.
- She gets so super excited to see any of us (Nat, Graham or me) and will flap her arms wildly when she sees us... it's very sweet and it always makes Graham want to play with her to keep her excited which is a lot of fun to see (he is such a great big brother to her and she loves him!). - She also loves the cats and rolls right up next to them. I found poor Fig the other day with wet ears when he was beside her... I suppose she thought they might be a good snack!
- Speaking of food, she has been stubborn about eating anything but milk. She used to take a bottle if necessary but refuses that now and will not eat any kind of baby food... She is excited about the spoon but if it has anything on it she immediately sticks out her tongue and blows bubbles (therefore spitting and splattering food all over!). Not so sure how to tackle that one (any tips?)!!
- She sits up on her own for the most part. I don't get nervous when she topples to the side or front because she goes slowly and has some sort of control, but I like to keep a pillow behind her on the floor if she's sitting and playing because when she goes backward she flings herself and goes down very very quickly!
- She is still such a cuddler!
The past six months have been full of much joy from our sweet baby girl. Part of me wants to keep her the way she is now but I am also so excited to have the privilege of raising her and watching her grow. Kate we love you so very much!!!