Thursday, August 12, 2010

Summer Days

I really can't believe that the summer is almost over! There could be so much to catch up on for this blog, but the thought of that is slightly overwhelming, so perhaps I'll be able to catch up in bits and pieces (flashbacks from time to time, if you will!) and just try (!) to focus on keeping up with what's current-ish. This summer brought weddings, new babies (not us), Nat's Grandma passed away, a car accident (we were protected from injuries but my little Sentra was totaled) which led to the blessing of a minivan, a visit from Bernie, Chelsie, Joel and Ella, lots of fun with the youth group, a retreat and mission trip for Nat... I could go on and on. We have rejoiced in a lot. We have also been challenged by a lot, but God has provided strength, energy, patience, and love when we feel spent - being reminded of his sovereignty and goodness in all things and of our need for reliance upon him and not on ourselves! Anyway, with the fall starting up I'm sure the busyness won't exactly end but I'm looking forward to a little more routine than what we've (not) maintained over the summer. Graham starts preschool next Friday (!!! - I really can't believe he's big enough for that) and he is pumped about it. Other than that, both G and K seem to be growing bigger and faster (and Kate is becoming one sneaky little lady!)... I'm not sure how to balance not being to general with not writing a book in one blog post so I think this will have to do for now. A very special sorry to parents who I know thought that they would never again see pictures of their grandbabies... I'll try to keep it up! Until next time...

No comments: