Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Aunt Riah

My sister, Mariah, came to visit us for a whole WEEK!! It was so much fun to have her here... she is so great with Graham and Kate (although I think after spending so much time with us she is not eager to have chillens right away!) and I loved having her to hang out with. Because she is a busy bee working in DC (I did not mean to make that rhyme, but it did), she wanted a restful(ish) vacation. So that is what we did! Well, as much as you can rest with a 2 year old and 5 month old in the same living space. We had a girls only day which we used for some pampering, went to the neighborhood park, meandered around Kemah, played Wii, and just had some good quality sister time (and ample aunt to nephew/niece time too). Here are some snapshots from our week...
Mario Kart competitions
Rolling competitions with Kate
So I said we went to the park... that lasted for about 5 minutes. The mosquitos were SO big and biting SO much that day so we literally ran from the park back to the house. But we had a superfun 5 minutes at the park while it lasted!


At Kemah... We saw lots of boats going out to the bay -- Graham's favorite (and free!) thing to do there :o)
Miss Kate... note the teeth! They came in over a month ago when she was 4 and a half months old which I hadn't expected. I think Graham's came in around 6 months... Each child really is different - even from the same family!
Cheese!!


I love love that Kemah has such a fun sprayground. Graham is not a fan... even when running through on a stroller. Maybe someday!

We love you, Aunt Riah and can't wait to see you at Christmas!!!

2 comments:

Todd and Chelsie said...

Kate is looking so cute these days! I think she looks like a good mixture of both you and Nat! :-) We miss you guys mucho.

Melissa said...

I've just FINALLY added your blog to my Reader and am getting caught up on it-- yall look great and Kate is a DARLING!