Saturday, July 18, 2009

Gone Campin'

Okay, so not camping camping. The cabins DID have AC... But it was close enough! Nat and I took the youth group up to Forest Glen for a retreat last week and had a great time. It took a little bit of time for me to get used to the spiders (I am super-paranoid about Texas spiders... some of them are as big as my hand and others are smaller than my pinkie nail and I'm determined that they are all poisonous!) so any time the girls weren't in our cabin I was searching for and killing our eight-legged friends. Other than that, it was a beautiful camp, the students were challenged in the Word and also grew in their relationships with one another - two of the top goals for the retreat - and we had a lot of fun things to do! All of the kids were extremely helpful with Graham which made the week much easier for me!

The group :o)

The Blob (that's Nat)
BB Guns... we are in Texas!
Graham's first canoe ride!
Kate was a trooper... she stayed behind a mosquito net for the majority of the week so I really only have about two pictures of her from the whole time we were there!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Kate is just precious. What a sweet little girl. I love reading your updates- keep them coming!!