Friday, May 30, 2008

Richmond

We received news on May 12 that my (Shannon's) good friend from college, Kelly's, mom passed away the day before.  Thanks to some help from the Dykes watching Graham on last minute notice I was able to travel to Richmond.  

Since the Purdy family lives in Richmond now (and because I had never seen their new home or baby Baxter), I had dinner at their house.  It was such a great time to catch up on their past year and to see how much Owen has grown -- we have missed them a lot!
I then went to Katrina and Andrea's house for the night.  Both of these lovely ladies were my college roomies at JMU and it was a special time to stay up and chat with them like we used to!
Wednesday was the funeral for Mrs. Sue Wrenn.  Several other girls from college were able to come and we were thankful for the opportunity to love on Kelly.

No comments: